https://ladybugscateringandevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/IMG_2261.jpeg 2048 1534 Shushan Darzian https://ladybugscateringandevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Ladybugs_logo_Fall_Set-300x100.png Shushan Darzian2020-02-07 02:14:362020-02-10 19:24:26Recipe: Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine
Recipe: Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine
Dining in for Valentine’s Day? Try this creamy and delicious Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine with just the right touch of romance!
- 1.5 lbs. shrimp (20-25 count)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 stick butter- 1/4 to sautéed onions-1/4 before flour-1/2 add to the sauce at the end
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (for sauce)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for pasta)
- 1 teaspoon salt (for pasta)
- parsley to garnish
- 1 pack Fettuccine (follow package instructions to cook)
- Dice onion and transfer into a bowl.
- Chop cloves of garlic and add to bowl.
- Add butter to a pan over medium heat
- Sauté the onion and garlic
- Add more butter to the pan and add flour to thicken the sauce.
- Cook pasta per package instructions while sauce is cooking.
- Add heavy cream to the sauce, stir slowly and bring to a boil.
- Let cream simmer for 5 min.
- Add parmesan cheese and salt & pepper to taste.
- Add sweet paprika (for a pink hue!)
- When sauce thickens, remove from heat.
- Cut up small pieces of butter and add to sauce, stir until butter melts.
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 min. (or until pink in color)
- Add cooked pasta to a bowl.
- Top with your shrimp and sauce.
- Add more parmesan cheese, paprika and parsley for garnish
- Serve with you favorite white wine!
Shushan Darzian is the founder and owner of Ladybugs Catering & Events. Her passion for food, presentation and exquisite detail drive her mission to provide outstanding service for her clients. As a former educator, she is committed to life-longing learning and loves to travel. She resides in Southern California with her husband and two sons.