https://ladybugscateringandevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_4692-scaled.jpg 2560 2560 Shushan Darzian https://ladybugscateringandevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Ladybugs_logo_Fall_Set-300x100.png Shushan Darzian2020-04-23 18:36:402020-07-01 17:36:10Recipe: Ikra
A wonderful and simple vegan dip with grilled eggplant and bell peppers!
- 2 eggplant
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro optional
- 1/2 cup parsley optional
- 1 tbsp. pepper paste
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- pine nuts for garnish
- black pepper
- Use a fork to puncture holes in eggplant and grill both the eggplant and bell peppers until charred.
- Remove from grill and peel off the skin.
- Chop the eggplant and bell peppers into large pieces. (Clean skin and insides–including seeds)
- Use a paper towel to wipe off any residual seed or skin.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Chop cilantro and parsley-about 1/2 cup combined (optional).
- Add bell peppers into food processor and blend (empty into a bowl and set aside).
- Add eggplant to food processor and blend.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil to a skillet and add onions.
- Sauté onions, add chopped garlic.
- Add pepper paste and tomato paste, mix.
- Add chopped bell peppers, thoroughly cook bell peppers.
- Add eggplant and continue cooking.
- Add parsley and cilantro (optional).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until excess liquids have evaporated.
- Olive oil
- Chopped Parsely
- Pine nuts
Serve with pita chips, pita bread or baguettes! Your choice!
Shushan Darzian is the founder and owner of Ladybugs Catering & Events. Her passion for food, presentation and exquisite detail drive her mission to provide outstanding service for her clients. As a former educator, she is committed to life-longing learning and loves to travel. She resides in Southern California with her husband and two sons.