https://ladybugscateringandevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/IMG_6178-scaled.jpg 2560 1920 Shushan Darzian https://ladybugscateringandevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Ladybugs_logo_Fall_Set-300x100.png Shushan Darzian2020-07-27 11:00:232020-07-28 19:03:47Recipe: Lentil Soup
Recipe: Lentil Soup
Try this hearty and healthy meatless lentil soup. It’s a recipe your family is sure to love!
3 tablespoons ghee *(for vegan recipe substitute with 3 tbsp. olive oil)
2 cups of brown lentil
- 1 large onion
1/4 cup of orzo pasta (or pasta of choice)
4 cloves of garlic
8 cups of chicken stock *(for vegan recipe substitute with vegetable stock or water)
3 tablespoons of dried mint
3 tablespoons of salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh mint
- Aleppo pepper
- Olive oil
- Chop onion while your pot is heating on stove.
- Add ghee to warm pot and melt.
- Add onions and caramelize.
- Wash lentils in large bowl under running water while onions caramelize.
- Add lentils to pot and stir.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Bring down the heat and let simmer for 45 min.
- Add orzo pasta and stir.
- Smash garlic cloves, and add to pot.
- Add dry mint and cook for another 20 min.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with fresh mint and Aleppo pepper with a drizzle of olive oil.
Shushan Darzian is the founder and owner of Ladybugs Catering & Events. Her passion for food, presentation and exquisite detail drive her mission to provide outstanding service for her clients. As a former educator, she is committed to life-longing learning and loves to travel. She resides in Southern California with her husband and two sons.