Try this classic recipe of a traditional Italian dessert. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (.28oz )
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- red food coloring (optional)
- Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan. Once it comes to a boil and the sugar is dissolved remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk the gelatin and skim milk together until it is dissolved.
- Pour the gelatin and skim milk mixture over the warm Panna Cotta mixture and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add the red food coloring one drop at a time while whisking until you have a bright pink color. (pink color should be accomplished with 2-3 drops.)
- Lightly oil four 8 oz. ramekins (or similar vessels)
- Divide the Panna Cotta mixture into the ramekins and refrigerate for at least 4 hours ( preferably overnight)
- Once the Panna Cotta has settled run a sharp knife around the edge of each Panna Cotta. Dip the ramekins in a hot bath for 15-20 seconds and you are ready to unfold it into the serving plate.
If you don’t have the time to plate the Panna Cotta you may pour the mixture into a wine goblet or a glass container to serve them without unfolding.
- 10 oz. frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Use a blender to mix frozen strawberries and sugar together and heat the mixture in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl whisk the corn starch and cold water together until it is dissolved.
- Pour the corn starch and water mixture over the warm strawberry sauce and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Strain your mixture to remove any seeds and refrigerate.
Shushan Darzian is the founder and owner of Ladybugs Catering & Events. Her passion for food, presentation and exquisite detail drive her mission to provide outstanding service for her clients. As a former educator, she is committed to life-longing learning and loves to travel. She resides in Southern California with her husband and two sons.