Here’s a scrumptious, healthy (vegan) meal or side dish in under 30 minutes!
- 1 whole cauliflower (medium size)
- 1 cup olive oil (add more as needed for larger sized cauliflower)
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Pour about 3/4 cup of the olive oil into a medium bowl
- Add the smashed garlic
- Add salt and black pepper
- Add ground cumin, curry powder and cumin seeds
- Mix ingredients together (sesame seeds and slivered almonds will be added later)
- Cut cauliflower into four quarters
- Turn cauliflower over and brush in dressing, making sure to fill in all crevices.
- Continue to brush sides of cauliflower, scoop as much of the solid garlic and cumin seeds as possible.
- Place cauliflower pieces in a baking pan and brush or drizzle the remaining dressing on top.
- Sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Add the slivered almonds on top of the cauliflower.
- Broil first on low heat until golden (middle rack on low broil) for about 10 min.
- Brush dressing from bottom of pan over cauliflower.
- Then bake at 500 degrees for about 10-15 min.
Transfer cauliflower to a serving plate and spoon toasted almonds and sesame seeds from pan on top.
The aroma and texture of this dish is amazing…I hope you enjoy it when you give it a try!
Shushan Darzian is the founder and owner of Ladybugs Catering & Events. Her passion for food, presentation and exquisite detail drive her mission to provide outstanding service for her clients. As a former educator, she is committed to life-longing learning and loves to travel. She resides in Southern California with her husband and two sons.