A fun twist to a classic Italian salad.
- star shaped cookie cut out set (You can find it at Michael’s or Amazon)
- 3 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 blue basil stems
- 1/2 block Karoun Nabulsi Cheese
- Start by slicing the tomatoes into halves and transfer it to a bowl.
- The cheese is one-inch thick. Cut it in half to make it 1/2 an inch thick. Use different sized star shaped cookie cutters to cut stars
out of the cheese slices. Add the cheese stars to the tomatoes.
- Add blue basil.
- Dice your cucumbers in a diagonal. Use the smallest size star shaped cookie cutter to cut stars out of your cucumber slices. Add the slices to the salad.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of your salad and enjoy!
Shushan Darzian is the founder and owner of Ladybugs Catering & Events. Her passion for food, presentation and exquisite detail drive her mission to provide outstanding service for her clients. As a former educator, she is committed to life-longing learning and loves to travel. She resides in Southern California with her husband and two sons.